Thursday, January 3, 2013

Did I really Say That!

Well well well! once on a previous post on April 15th 2011 I wrote......."Plus, I want to say I did that! and not my machine ( anyway I don’t have one and probably never will)"... little did I know that in 18 months time I would be the proud owner of my very own embroidery machine. I could not wait to get started and well all I can say is that if my DH was not a computer whiz I would be sitting in a corner weeping. The machine comes programmed with many designs but it was the monograms I wanted and was not madly keen on the preprogrammed ones. So  I had to go find and buy some and download them in a Jef format and that's when all the trouble started for me, not only  do you have to download onto a usb key you then have to format them, resize, set the hoop size, and then add to your  card reader which then  goes into the machine, plus you also have to use a stabiliser for the backing and then technically your off. I am slowly getting the hang of it and have made a few bits and bobs and have already sold a cushion cover and lavender bag so that for me is very encouraging. I love using white and  Red as it gives it a fantastic vintage look especially using it on vintage linen. I will be doing a giveaway soon  and yes you guessed, it will be a monogrammed something but not sure yet what. But feel very justified in saying "I did that with lots of help from my DH". Happy New Year and must dash I have to go make a P.....

 




 


 


 





2 comments:

Mary Lindsay said...

A bit difficult to leave a comment here as the ' Comment' section is overwritten a bit, but took a punt and here I am.
Your story had me shaking in my shoes but your end results are not just looking good but looking spectacular!! You're a genius. xx M

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Mary been wondering why I have not had any comments recently! not sure what you mean by overwritten but will look into it. Thank you for the encouragement:) Genius Moi!!!! he he

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...