Thursday, January 19, 2012

Take My Breath Away


From this spring every car in France will have to be equipped with a breathalyzer. This announcement made by President Nicolas Sarkozy who has made it a personal crusade to cut the number of road deaths in France.


The new plan will force every driver to have a breathalyzer kit in their cars so they can check their alcohol level before driving.


The president's office said in a statement on Thursday that a kit costs just €1.50 to €2 ($2 to $2.70).


Anyone caught without a kit will face a €17 ($23) fine.

Looks like the companies selling these kits will be rubbing their hands on this vote!


Would love to hear your view on this, do you think this will help to reduce the amount of road deaths in France?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't live in France but I will chime in anyhow if you don't mind. I personally LIKE this idea very much. Anything to reduce DUI deaths is a welcome imposition for me personally. I'm recovering x's 26 years and can tell you now, but by the grace of God I went and harmed no one. I vote: YES!! Hugs

Adaptable Kay said...

I, too, don't reside in France, but I'd like to put in my two cents as well :)

While I understand this is a personal privacy issue for some and possibly a financial strain for others, I think that ultimately it WILL cut down on the drunk driving because it basically stops it before it happens.

I do agree that it will save lives whether people agree with the bill or not!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Tammy I whole heartedly agree but here there has been people already scheeming ways to get round it which in my opinion is crazy.

I dont' think the finacial strain is heavy Kayla as they are only a couple of Euros. Me and my DH take turns when we go out (taxi's here are not an option as we live out in the sticks) I personaly hope it works as where we live there is a huge amount of drink driving during lunch times and I have often been behind trucks that are weaving and you just know they have downed several Pastis over lunch.
I guess we will have to watch this space. Will be interesting to see the stats for next year!
Thanks girls for your comments.
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...